10 Things You Can Do To Make Pro-Life A Part Of Your Parish…
2. Endorse a Chastity Education Program for youth through your Parish School, Religious Education and/or Youth Ministry. The Respect Life Office offers its own Chastity Education Initiative for the youth and young adults (pro-life, puberty, Theology of the Body).
3. Offer parish support to anyone facing an unwanted pregnancy or being pressured to have an abortion. This one can be combined with step 10.
4. Celebrate Respect Life Sunday, the 1st Sunday in October, by implementing the special liturgy plan from the USCCB. October is Respect Life Month.
5. Educate and Disseminate “Action Alerts” on upcoming events and issues.
6. Provide Information on Project Rachel for those who are seeking healing after abortion. The information should be in the church information section and in the ladies restrooms.
7. Provide Information on Pregnancy Resource Centers (Aid for Women Chicago, and The Women’s Center of Greater Chicagoland Area) to parishioners via the bulletin, ladies restrooms and/or church vestibule. Support the work of these centers by assisting in fundraisers and/or by volunteering.
8. Offer Natural Family Planning Classes to engaged couples, as well as any other interested married couples. Information can be obtained through the Family Ministries Office (312) 534-3858 or FertilityCare at www.fertilitycare.org .
9. Implement the Mother Teresa Project, where the Parish “Adopts” an abortion clinic and prays for its conversion and that of the women and men who enter it. The Respect Life Office has a list of all the abortion clinics and their locations. Parishioners are encouraged to pray individually and/or as a parish.
10. Host a Holy Hour for Life or special Mass for Life on or around the anniversary of the tragic Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion on demand.